Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Not Snowbirds; Just February Travelers

It is another January, and we are loading the car for a trip south. The snow has been blowing and swirling all day with little accumulation. It's just cold and dark. So this journey to Florida will be very timely. Red and I have never really been on this type of vacation before ... leisurely with no commitments of any kind. He has meetings in Ft. Meyers, and then we'll be at Pass-A-
Grille for two weeks. Then to Jason's. Then to Brad's in Oklahoma. I'll be posting some pictures so that Tali and Owen won't be forgetting us!

I have loaded the car with good intentions. Projects for the month. Bible study books and a journal. A whole cloth quilt. A personalized ABC book for the kiddos. Things for Jason. Grama made him a quilt for his 4oth birthday. It's soooooo pretty, from Hawaiian prints that Bonney sent. I think he'll like it.

Red always does ALL the driving. It is a control thing with him. However, this year I am making a plea that he shares the highway time. I am more than capable, just ask Patti and Joanne. I usually drive on road trips with them. I mean, so what if I ran over a lawn mower in the garage or backed into the mailbox!? That doesn't mean I can't function on the interstates.

I love winter in the Midwest, though. It is a quiet time with lots of snuggling under the blankets and quilts. Popcorn and pizza. Movies. Ballgames. Soup and homemade bread. I don't have to get out in the subzero temps, Red shovels all the walks and blows the driveway. Snowman making and snow angels. I used to love to cross country ski, but haven't done that for awhile.
So in a way, I hate to leave. But a change of pace is always good. A sort of widening of the horizons. I am looking forward to a bunch of good days. Keep us in your prayers. For those of you who read Girltalk, I am doing the fasting one meal a week. Are you?

4 comments:

  1. We miss you! It's been the normal crazy life around here. Owen's been really into pretending to be a "show-duh" (soldier)...not sure why. Tali's quote of the day was, "Absolutely! I absolutely have been waiting and waiting for these books each and every day!" Absolutely? A new one for her.

    I'm praying that the Lord uses your trip to refresh you and give you an even greater love for Him and peace in knowing that He's guiding your life. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billye Burnett. Shame shame on you. I had no idea you were blogging again. Well, kind of blogging again!!

    Please write a journal entry. I love reading your writings!! I miss you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw from Meghan's blog list that you were active again! I guess I gave up on you and took you off my blog list! Whoops! :) So glad I found this. Jason's quilt sounds cool - did you get any photos of it?? And when were you into cross country skiing? I never knew that. You should write a post titled "All the things my nieces and nephews might not know about me" and then list things like this... :) What if Piper becomes a world famous cross country skier and I didn't even know to tell her she gets that from her Aunt Billye? :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Billye, You can now order Team MOT shirts online at our *NEW* website @www.teammot.com!!! Yeahhhh! I don't have your email so this was where I knew I could find you.
    Hope you're doing well and tell everyone I said hi. Is Red getting ready for the season?

    ReplyDelete